- Consortium of Universities for the Advancement of Hydrologic Science, Inc. (CUAHSI) — an organization representing more than one hundred U.S. universities to develop infrastructure and services for the advancement of hydrologic science and education in the United States.
- WATer and Environmental Research Systems Network (WATERS Network) — a joint collaboration between the hydrologic science and environmental engineering research communities to build an integrated, real-time, distributed observing system that seeks to address deficiencies in our current scientific understanding of the dynamics and spatial variability of water processes by developing a collaborative scientific exploration and engineering analysis network.
- Hydroinformatics Research at the University of Illinois — The Hydroinformatics research in our group is concerned with developing technologies for handling large datasets and using them to perform scientific investigations that would otherwise not be possible. This active area of research requires background in computation, visualization and programming; GIS; and knowledge of the scientific field.
- MapWindow — MapWindow was built to support GIS functions in totally unique GIS-enabled applications, and the MapWindow application was built to help users deploy GIS-enabled applications that can be assembled from pre-built plug-ins and data sets.
- Unidata — provides data services, tools, and cyberinfrastructure leadership that advances Earth system science, enhances educational opportunities, and broadens participation.
- Community Surface Dynamics Modeling System (CSDMS)
- ArcHydro — facilitates the creation, manipulation, and display of hydro features and objects within the ArcGIS environment.
- ArcHydro Groundwater Toolbar (ArcGIS Toolbar) — The Arc Hydro Groundwater toolbar is an Arc Scene toolbar with tools for creating three-dimensional features such as GeoVolumes, GeoSections, and BoreLines, which are part of the Arc Hydro groundwater data model.
- Watershed and Stream Network Delineation (ArcGIS Toolbar) — How to use the major functionality available in the Arc Hydro tools for raster analysis. The Arc Hydro tools are used to derive several datasets that collectively describe the drainage patterns of a catchment.
- GeoLearn — A standalone application for remote sensing data.
- River Hydrodynamics Tool: AdcpXP — A customized software for visualizing, analyzing, and publishing river hydrodynamics data in a point, line (vertical or transect) or volume (reach scale) acquired with Acoustic Doppler Current Profiler (ADCP) measurements. ADCPs are the most coprehensve and efficient instruments for river measurements to date. Turorial, Tools & Data
- River Channel Morphology Model (ArcGIS Toolbar) — River Channel Morphlogy Model (RCMM) is an ArcGIS toolbar for creating an anlytical description of river channels in three-dimensions. Tutorial, Tools & Data.
- The Geosciences Network (GEON) provides access to extensive data resources of interest to hydrologists, including high resolution terrain data from LIDAR.
© 2008-2010 CUAHSI-HIS
This material is based upon work supported by the National Science Foundation (NSF) under Grant Nos. 04-12975, 041-3265, and 06-22374.
Any opinions, findings and conclusions or recommendations expressed in this material are those of the author(s) and do not necessarily reflect the views of the NSF.